Skip to main content

Imperfect Courage by Jessica Honegger

"Imperfect courage is the only kind I possessed, but it was courage nonetheless. Instead of waiting for fear to subside, I had made it my friend. Because when you've got a vision, you don't have time to wait around for your fears to vanish before you start moving. Perhaps the hero's journey is not for a few brave people after all but is an invitation to me, to us all, to rally our courage and go do the thing we're meant to do... 

What are you afraid of, and what toll is that fear taking in your life?"
- page 9 - 

Jessica and her family with Imperfect Courage on launch day!
Jessica Honegger, founder and Co-CEO of Noonday Collection, has written her story of imperfect courage and invited us to go scared into our own stories. And honestly, this book is probably going to make it into the Top 5 books I've read this year. 

I have been going scared for what seems like forever, although it's really only been for about 6 months. Between having my son, moving 1300 miles from the cornfields of Central Illinois to the desert of Southwest Texas and starting a new job with my husband as missionaries who raise our salaries, going scared has been the theme of my life this year. And it's been hard. Hard to the point of countless sleepless nights (and not due to my newborn son), hours of tears, digging my heals in against what I know I'm supposed to be doing and even a couple of panic attacks. But somehow, I am finding imperfect courage. I am finding a way to take life one day at a time and be courageous in the little things. I am finding a way to own my story and pursue the dreams that have been in me since I was 13. All with imperfect courage. All with my fear still hovering close by. 

So, maybe you have been wanting to start something new, trying to bring some big (or little) change into your life, making that dream you've been dreaming come true, may I suggest you read Imperfect Courage and learn to go scared? May I tell you that it's going to be tough and there is no magic formula for waking up one morning and being the most courageous woman in the world? May I tell you your fear will still find ways to weigh you down, but that you won't regret going scared and doing the things you were made to do?

Read Jessica's story. See your story through the lens of imperfect courage. And join Jessica and I in going scared. It won't be easy. But it will be worth it.


My little boy and well-loved advance copy of Imperfect Courage 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Classics Spin #2 is here!!!

So since the first Classic Spin was such a hit, the moderators over at the Classics Club decided to do another one. This Monday they will announce the number that is randomly picked between 1 and 20 and then whatever the title is that corresponds with the number is the Classic I need to try and read before July 1. I can pick any 20 titles from the my Classics Club list. For the last one I read Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens and loved it. Maybe I will have the same luck this time around. And so without further ado... Here is my Classic Spin List 2.0!! Already On My Shelf:  1. The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer  2. The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky  3. The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien 4. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte 5. The Voyage Out by Virginia Woolf 6. Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell  Dreading:  7. Confessions of St. Augustine by Augustine 8. Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe 9. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson  10.

"Mansfield Park" Thoughts

I finished Jane Austen's Mansfield Park on Sunday and have just now sat down with the intention of writing about my final thoughts of it. I took a day of not starting any new books or do anything book related so that I could just sit, soak in the memories of Mansfield Park and form my thoughts about it for my wrap-up post. In my last post about Mansfield Park I wrote that I was falling in love with the book despite it having so many reviews against it. And I have to say that I finished the book absolutely loving it. While there were moments and characters in particular that drove me crazy and made me want to spit, I loved the story as a whole and Jane Austen's expert way of weaving a story that touches the heart.  It was my second book of Austen's that I have read in its entirety and was definitely worth every minute and even staying up way past my usual bedtime on Sunday to finish. I wrote in my first post about things I loved. The slowness of the story and the cha

A Classics Spin

The wonderful moderators over at the Classics Club decided to give us a little mini-challenge. A little spin on the Classics Club challenge to read at least 50 classics in 5 years. This mini-challenge is to make a list of 20 Classics from our lists that we haven't read yet...  they are calling it our Spin List . We can pick some that we are excited for, some we are dreading, some from our favorite authors or any number of combinations. We have to number the books 1 to 20 and then next week the moderators are going to pick and post a random number. Whatever that number is we have to read the corresponding book on our list by April 1st... even if it is one that we are dreading and just can't get into. I love this idea and am looking forward to it. I have been enjoying all of my reading so far this year, especially since I have been alternating between fiction and non-fiction. So, I think this is going to be a great way of picking what I read next. Without further ado... Here is m